Thursday, June 2, 2011

God has made you an heir!!! Week 1 of discovery!

This week God set me out on a new journey, He told me to go out and get a notebook and title it "Who Am I?" I knew the first step of finding out who I am in Christ and how the Lord views me, I would first have to be real with myself and write about how I view myself. So after taking a walk down memory lane, and writing everything I could think of from when I was little till now, I laid my views aside and started searching for God's view. The Lord led me to Joshua 2, and the story of Rahab the prostitute, or as I like to call her now Rahab a woman of faith. The Lord could of spared anyone from Jericho, but because of Rahab's faith He spared her and her family, and as we find out later in Matthew she was apart of Jesus' family tree. When Joshua sent out 2 spies to Jericho, Rahab hid these two men in house, and sent government officials in a completely different direction to save the spies' lives. All the people of Jericho had heard of the things that Lord had done and were living in complete fear for their lives, because they knew their city was given to the Israelites. Rahab instead of ending with fear at the end of verse 11 to 13, she stepped out in faith and made the men swear that God would spear her family when it was time for God to give the Israelites Jericho, and the men did. Since Rahabs house was on the wall of Jericho, the men escaped through a window on a red rope, and the men told her to leave it up for when they would return, to take the city, and she did. Now I am sure that the wall guards the next morning could see the red rope that was just hanging there, and it could of gotten her in a lot of trouble, but she didn't care, she left it there anyways. And so later on we find out that the Lord indeed did save her and her family.


The story of Rahab, really made me realize the Lord, will use anybody for His glory no matter your past no matter what you've done or are doing. Like 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 says that God choose you! Wow the God of the universe chose me to save me from a life of separation from the father... But non of this really blew my mind until randomly this morning I was led to read Galatians 3, and I got verse 26 where Paul talks about being sons of God. And skipping down to chapter 4 verse 6, where it says "Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into out hearts, the Spirit who calls out "Abba Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir." As soon as I finish reading that verse, I heard the Lord telling me you are my daughter, you are no longer a slave to your sin but I have made you an heir. I've always known this truth that I am a chosen daughter of God, but I can't say that I believed it in my heart, until now. I am a daughter of the most high God, I'm no longer a slave to my sin, and neither are you! This week was such an amazing start to my journey of finding who I am in Christ, I just had to share it!


~Andrada

No comments:

Post a Comment